With the summer wedding season in “full bloom” I thought it would be apropos to share this elegant wedding cake. Completely decorated using royal icing techniques: Combining delicate oriental string work, brush embroidery and piping gel filigree takes this from nice to extraordinary!
Very rarely do I fall in love with
a cake I have designed, but this one will be added to my
Supplies Needed For This Project:
• PME #0 piping nozzle or Bekenal #0
• PMe #2 piping nozzle or Wilton #2 or Bekenal #2
• PME #3 piping nozzle or Wilton #3 or Bekenal #3
• PME #4 piping nozzle or Wilton # 4 or Bekenal #4
• Parchment cone or feather weight bag size #10
• Damp cloth
• Paper towel
• Artist brush, you will need 3
• -#2 round
• -#6 round
• -Wilton round
• Cover fondant cake, Satin Ice
• Royal icing recipe
• Piping gel, clear
• Cooled boiled water
• Pearl White Satin dust, Rainbow Dust
• EverClear or lemon extract
You may find the supplies at Shop 5th Avenue Cakes
I brushed a mixture of petal dusts to achieve that antique blush
pink colour for the cake.
Watch the video to see the cake being decorated!
The actual time to decorate the entire cake is about 2.5 hours
with the three interlaced piped Oriental String Work!
For more amazing cake decorating projects click on the photos below