It is Sunflower season and those lovely deep golden yellow flowers are everywhere.
I saw the prettiest sunflower arrangement at my favorite floral shop, The Prefect Petal.
Besides the beautiful organic arrangement the sunflower transported me
back in time to Sydney’s first day of school.
The entire entrance to the lower school had the largest sunflowers to
welcome back the little ones!
I knew I had to recreate them. I decided to use a wet on wet technique with a rich heart shaped green leaf border glided with gold lustre dust.
Supplies Needed For This Project:
• Piping nozzle #3, http://bit.ly/1PViFpe
• Piping nozzle #2, http://bit.ly/1PViFpe
• Piping nozzle #1, http://bit.ly/1PViFpe
• Leaf Piping Nozzle, http://bit.ly/1PViFpe
• 12″ decorating bags, http://bit.ly/1IiNWMO
• Scribe tool, http://bit.ly/1MWdlDO
• Sugar cookie recipe, use your favorite or use mine in my shop
• Royal icing recipe, use your favorite or use mine in my shop
• -Flood consistency
• Colours, Wilton Color System
• -Sunflower yellow
• -Light yellow
• -Vert d’automne
• Gold lustre Dust
All supplies, materials, and recipes can be found at Shop 5th Avenue Cakes
Sunflower yellow: 3 drops yellow and 1/2 toothpick orange
Light yellow: 3 drops yellow, 2 drops white, and 1/2 toothpick orange
Vert d’automne: 5 drops brown, 4 drops yellow, 3 drops blue, 1 drop orange, and 1 drop black
Watch the video to see the complete detailed instructions.
For more ideas and royal icing decorating projects click on the photos below!