I can remember watching Dr.Seuss’ “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” every December since I was little. The 1957 book was adapted into a short film during the 1960’s. It alway mesmerized me, these cupcake where inspired by The Grinch.
These DIY Whoville cupcakes not only a favorite of mine, but an easy and fun baking/decorating project for the entire family. The finished cupcakes are embellished with a fondant spiral tree, no-cut roses, mini holly leaves, and silver dragees
Whimsical Christmas Tree Cupcakes
• 1- recipe Vanilla Bean CupCake recipe you may find mine @5th avenue Cakes shop http://bit.ly/1PSgJ2k
• Fondant, Satin ice, http://bit.ly/1NlmLnA
• Flower paste, Satin Ice, http://bit.ly/1NlmLnA
• -Food paste, http://bit.ly/1iMHd8v
• -Baby blue,
• -Sprout green,
• Petal Dust, http://bit.ly/1MKE7JQ
• -Fairy blue
• -Pearl shimmer
• Egg white
• Royal icing, Royal Icing Recipe you may find mine @5th avenue Cakes shop: http://bit.ly/1KLvDED (or use your favorite recipe)
• Holly leaf, http://bit.ly/1PShkRG
• Kit box snowflake cutter, http://bit.ly/1OYgSCW
• Small rolling pin, http://bit.ly/1MWdlDO
• Small #10 calyx cutter, OP, http://bit.ly/1OkG3fU
• dimpled foam, http://bit.ly/1RtVfrX
• Foam pad, http://bit.ly/1ZcyWMD
• Craft knife
• Sugarveil lace mat, http://bit.ly/1T6dFQg
• Artists brushes
• Craft soft brush
Start creating your trees and embellishments a day ahead. The next day bake your cupcakes and allow them to cool, cover then with fondant.
Lacing the Fondant:
Watch my video and see how to create inspired Whoville
Place 1/4 of a spaghetti noodle, dip egg white, into the bottom of the curl of the whimsical tree. Dry on a dimpled foam.
The inspired Whoville cupcakes are out of this world, yet are easy to compose.
For more exciting holiday confectionary decorating designs click on the photos below!
Thank you for your tutorials! I took a few classes in decorating but I have learned so much from you. You are so informative and easy to follow. Sincerely
Margaret, it is my pleasure to share with you and all my members!