A fun, brightly colored red, white, and blue flag piped
on a sugar cookie with a fondant base to keep the cookie soft under the royal icing.
These cookies use two royal icing methods:
A wet on wet and a tufted billow effect.
The delicious cocktail roses may piped in advanced, and stored in an airtight container
for months. So pipe extras for another confectionary project!
Supplies Needed For This Project:
- PME nozzle #2 or Wilton #2
- PME nozzle #1.5 or Wilton #1, you will need 2
- PME nozzle #0
- Scriber tool
- Artist brush #2
- Parchment cones or disposable piping bags
- Damp cloth
- Paper towels
- Vanilla Bean sugar cookie recipe
- Royal icing recipe
- Fancy Square cookie cutter
- Wilton color right food colors: red and blue
- Cocktail stick mini roses, 7 per cookie
- Rainbow dust black Double-Sided Food Pens
You may find the supplies at Shop 5th Avenue Cakes
You will need to use only one consistency
for the entire decorating of these cookies:
Run out (12 second)
Watch the video below and then we can pipe some fancy 4th of July cookies together!
Have a Happy 4th of July!
For more fun projects click on the photos below