I had the pleasure of attending a Lange/Lambeth 8-day Boot camp, with master cake designer Kathleen Lange last
week. I am sure it is no surprise that since arriving home I have been inspired to pipe several Lambeth style cakes.
However it might be a surprised I was inspired to create a Lambeth method wedding cookie as well.
This cooke could be piped with either royal icing or buttercream.
As most of you know I have been trying for 3 years to attend the boot camp, finally the dates worked perfectly.
Lambeth Method Wedding Cookie:
• #14 star nozzle
• #57s petal super tube or 101 nozzle
• #3 nozzle
• #1 nozzle
• Plaque cookie cutter
• Artist brush
• Damp cloth
• Parchment cone cut to an inverted V
• Sugar cookie dough recipe, use your favorite or use mine in my shop
• Royal icing recipe, use your favorite or use mine in my shop
• EverClear, clear alcohol, or lemon extract
• Piped miniature roses, about 8 to 12 per cookie
All supplies, materials, and recipes can be found at Shop 5th Avenue Cakes
Watch how to pipe Lambeth Style Wedding Cookies!
If you look at the layers of piping from the side there should be a ruffled bottom, a frilled middle, and “C” scroll line on the top.
You should not be able to see through the layers.
For more ideas and royal icing decorating projects click on the photos below!